The Entire Chapter

The Entire Chapter
Progress so far

8.2.14

Black Reach Dreadnought

My Black Reach Dreadnought has been sitting around in my collection with a blue base coat and a few splats of colour on for a while so I thought it was about time I finished him off.

One of the few things that make my Black Reach Dreadnought a little different are the brass bits that  have made their way onto his main armour plates and the small pile of skulls from the basing kit that are my attempt to fill the 28mm void that is his flat base.

I have tried a couple of things with the brass disk Ultramarine icon on his greave, but they have not worked as well as I liked. In the end I took it almost back to the original brass colour with Beastal Brown and Shining Gold and then picked out the details with green and white.

Most of the other work was cleaning up and adding a little consistency with my existing Dreadnoughts, painting the power fist red and colour to some of the cabling around the sarcophagus. I based it using a snow flock and PVA glue mix to add a bit of texture.

Overall I am happy with the finished item and it fits well with the rest of my painted miniatures.


No comments:

Post a Comment